Go To Content

Property insured abroad

Property may be insured abroad with an insurance undertaking licensed to operate in Iceland. The insurance company in question must submit to NTI the premium and a detailed report on the collected premiums, see below. Further information on Icelandic legislation and administration for entities providing insurance services in Iceland can be found on the website of the Financial Supervision department of the Central Bank of Iceland.